Thursday, March 11, 2010

Through the Lens: Sweet feet

"The civilized man has built a coach, but has lost the use of his feet," Ralph Waldo Emerson muses in one of his most famous essays, "Self-Reliance." While I don't completely agree with Emerson, I do think we've lost a great deal of appreciation for our most basic mode of transportation (walking) and the devices which render it possible (our tootsies). For twenty-two years my size fives have taken me wherever I needed to go, and I've rarely paused to reward them as I should. So, here's a tiny tribute to forgotten feet. These sweet photos may be just the inspiration I need to finally give my hardworking tootsies the pampering they deserve.

Top row (left to right): The Sunday Collective, Sheena Lu, Gala Darling
Middle row (left to right): The Rockstar Diaries, Cori Kindred, The Rockstar Diaries
Bottom row (left to right): The Cherry Blossom Girl, Sheena Lu, The Cherry Blossom Girl

P.S. Thank you, feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment